This is the blog I don't want to write. I want to write about a topic that is very sensitive but I don't have the courage to write it just yet. Maybe in the next one, I will.
So what's going on in my world? Things have been going pretty good. Can't complain, life has been good to me. The first month just ended and things are starting to pick up now. It was an eventful Q4 and this year, finally got a chance to get away. Went to Mexico for about 3 days (a weekend trip) and it was quite an experience. What I like the most about Mexico, well mainly cancun because that's where we stayed.
Cancun had some amazing beaches, a nice all inclusive hotel, the water sports there are pretty cool - for the first time I went parasailing and rode an ATV in the jungle. I also did jet ski! I also like the club scene, it was alot of fun. I like how people there are happy and cheerful. I didn't find many grumpy people there and also all the tourist there are friendly. The food was amazing, I would definitely recommend you stay at RIU Palace when you are down there.
What I didn't like was how some people would hassle you for a tip. It gets annoying after a while. Not to say we didn't tip but constantly asking for a tip, ruins the experience. I also didn't like how people will constantly market their venue as you walk down the street and get into your personal space. Haha personal space! Definitely a first world concept. But I understand from their perspective too, they need to make a sale and they need to make a living. I actually found them respectful as when you say no, they don't hassle you anymore.
I will try to post the picture after.
From the business perspective, things are doing pretty well. We are well diversified right now and the goal for 2018 is to continue to the diversification of income into passive and secure opportunities. The LMTS collection hasn't kicked off as I wanted but still hanging in there and going strong. Other than that we are still going strong with everyone!
We are looking into franchisees, various marketing channels, traditional marketplaces.
Also considering opening a marketing office in India - probably Banglore.
Family is good. They are constant source of encouragement and motivation. #blessed
So I want to talk about being positive. To be honest, its difficult to control our emotions sometime, we often feel left out, feel people are judging us/we are judging people, question our accomplishments. For me, the hardest thing in the world is to be satisfied with myself. I feel I am very hard on myself and am always pushing myself. This might appear to be a good thing on the surface but it can be very difficult. As Lil Wayne said, the top gets higher, the more that you climb. And although I love challenges, every time I accomplish anything, it's like what's next. I am constantly thinking, you live life only one time, you need to make the most of it. [Unless there is reincarnation and if there is, that's awesome. ]
So this is what I do to stay positive and it does help.
1. Stay connected - I will randomly message someone I talked to along time ago, like an old friend or sometimes even a stranger and talk about completely random topics. Ensuring the conversation is positive. I feel this increases happiness, reduces loneliness and get support. ONE KEY THING TO REMEMBER IS when ever I reach out to someone, its a completely selfless motive, I do not expect anything from this person, I do not want anything materialistic or non-tangible, I do not want to gossip about others. Its a simple, selfless, genuine act.
2. Which brings to the next point - to stay positive, you have to be POSITIVE - which means NO negative thoughts/ no pessimistic behavior (Push them aside), be thankful and grateful for everything you have. Trust me if you are reading this blog, you are better than 90% of the world. Please don't make me go all. Write on a positive future, remove downers from your life, and finally consider views from an alternative perspective. To be honest, I was upset because a few months back one of my old friend did something that I found to be hurtful. I won't talk about what it was. But when it happened, at first I was sad, then I was a bigger person and acknowledged the situation. I started to see things from other people's perspective, remember there are people in the world who will not like you because you make them feel bad about themselves and that's not your fault. Regardless of how honest, humble and helpful you are. Alot of time people don't like you because they like you (I know it sounds confusion but its true, people dont like you because they like you or because other people like you) Also when you are blessed with so many positive things in life, there are people who would for a lack of a better word 'hate'. What I am trying to say is, you need to stay positive and see things from various perspective.
3. Work out. I notice whenever I am stress or need to clear my brain, I go for a run or work out. This helps more than you think.
4. Helping others mainly those are in need. I mean that's one of the reason why we do so much charity work, its a selfish reason but you feel good/ you feel positive when you make a positive impact. This year alone we donated hoodies to the woman shelter, donated toys to kids, donated funds for kids with mental health issues, woman with breast cancer and much much more.
5. Toughen up. It might sound a bit harsh but toughen the **** up! Life is not easy, there are ups and downs, enjoy it like a roller-coaster, live it like a game, and don't take things too seriously. We only get one chance on this planet, make the best of it. Live life as fearlessly as possible.
Amar Gandhi, 28