Below are 5 characteristic of a successful person that I have noticed by meeting people from all walks of life.
1) Successful people work very hard - Typically they are the hardest working people in a company and lead by example. Just because you work smart, does not mean you can't work hard. When you combine working smart and working hard, you get a recipe for success. They will be the first in and last one the leave. They will be the one who are often offering/volunteering for a job. They will not be ashamed to do any job or will not have an attitude that they are 'too good' for a particular job.
2) Successful people ask for help - Knowing when to ask for help is very important and also vital to growth. It important to know 1) you don't know everything and 2) you don't have the same experience as someone else. A successful person who surround themselves with people who are genuine and willing to help is required. They will not have an EGO or think less of themselves by asking for help. They will not feel weaken by asking someone for assistance. It's all in the mindset. The best subject matters are those who are working on the field.
3) Successful people help others - They are always willing on helping people and a very open to networking people selflessly. They will not thing 'What's in it for me'. They will connect people just because they feel two people or companies will benefit each other. You often meet people who like to guard their network and "connection" - these people are not successful, they just know alot of people. All successful people I know are open to connecting people out of simply the kindness of their heart.
4) Successful people are transparent - Successful people have nothing to hide and they are completely transparent. They lead by example and are willing to share their knowledge and information openly.
5) Successful people listen to others and their institution - simply put, they will take advise from everyone but at the end they will do what they feel is right.
Amar Gandhi, 28