There is alot of bad in this world and its very easily to get wrapped up into it.
Social media, newspaper, blogs, alot of it is focused around negativity around the world. This will start to impact you if you follow it. It will make you angry and depressed. Yes, the world is not a perfect place but there is so much goodness that's overlooked. Don't waste your time and energy looking into all the bad things that are happening (Be conscious and aware of it) but focus on all the good things!
It's important to keep a positive mindset. It's tough but vital to both your physical and emotional being. I feel its even more important in the morning. How you start your day will determine how the rest of your day will be.
Below are a few ways to stay positive when the media is shoving so much negativity down your throat.
1) FOCUS - keep your focus positive at all time. Start your day off by reading a paragraph from a good book or self-talk in the mirror calling yourself a LEGEND
2) AWARE - Be aware of the negativity and do not let it suck you in. Understand that things happen - develop a tough skip and go back to point 1) focusing on the good things in life
3) Get into ROUTINE- It's important to get into a routine in which your life is so busy that you don't have time or energy to focus on the negative aspects of life. Get into a positive routine.
4) WORKOUT - endorphins released when working out not only helps you with stress but can put you in a good good.
5) Engage in POSITIVE CONTENT - Just like it's important to keep a positive circle. It's important to consume positive content. Below some sources which provide a dose of happiness and is content around happy and happy news.
6) Develop a POSITIVE mindset - Yes not all days are going to to be the best. Yes there is stress from work, school or other aspect of life. It's not the end of the world. Focus on the positive and not the negative.
7) Be Grateful for everything you have.
Amar Gandhi, 28